For student safety and attendance purposes, please remember to use the form linked here or call the office if you are unable to access the form. We are highly encouraging you to use the linked form, so that we can get back to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your flexibility. Please help us by doing the following:
- If you are unable to fill out the form, please call the school each day your child is absent at 714-986-7460 and press 3.
- State your child’s name, then spell the name. State your child’s grade, teacher, your relationship to the child, and the reason for the absence. Please be specific regarding the reason.
- Call the office to clear the absence before the student returns to school. Voice mail is available 24 hours a day.
- Please provide a doctor’s note if your child was seen by a doctor, dentist, orthodontist, etc. Doctor absences are coded differently in attendance records.
- Keep your child home for 24 hours if he or she has a fever of 100 degrees or more, is vomiting, or has diarrhea. Also please refer to the latest student symptom decision tree posted on our PYLUSD.org website for return to school guidance; however, our school office will inform you when it is safe for your child to return.
- Notify the office if your child will be out of town for an extended absence. Independent Study is available for students that are absent 3+ more days in a row. Contact Pia Fiore, Attendance Clerk, for independent study requests. firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-986-7460 ext. 47030
For additional information excused absences are identified in the PYLUSD’s Parent Information Handbook (Education Code 48205).