New Student Registration
For all necessary documentation and any questions, please email Pia Fiore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information/documents do I need to enroll my child?
Required materials and enrollment is not complete until all documents listed below are received.
- A current Photo Identification (A government or non-government issued Photo ID)
- Proof of the child's birth date must be presented at the time of registration. Proof may be a certified copy of a birth record or a statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth, or a baptism certificate duly attested, or a passport, or, when none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor, or any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child as prescribed by the governing board of the school district. (CA Education Code Section 48002).
RESIDENCY VERIFICATION – Residency is established by providing either of the following (CA Education Code Section 48204.1):
- Parents must provide student(s)' immunization records when contacting the school to complete enrollment.
- An academic transcript or report card from your former school
- For Special Education students: Prior IEP and Assessments
- For GATE students: Prior test scores and/or certification forms
Where do I go to enroll?
Enrollment takes place at your neighborhood school during regular office hours. Travis Ranch's registration is done online through our district’s website (AIR online enrollment).
Online enrollment link: https://enroll.pylusd.org
What is the minimum age for enrollment in school?
Only children who reach the age of five on or before September 1 of the school year are eligible for enrollment in Kindergarten. This also applies to first grade, but the age of six, correspondingly.
May I enroll my child in a school other than the neighborhood school?
Street name and number determine assigned neighborhood attendance areas. The majority of our students in our district attend their neighborhood school. We do have an Open Enrollment Policy at our district where students residing in (and out of) PYLUSD may elect to attend another school within the District, dependent upon school enrollment numbers. If you desire your child to go to another school other than your neighborhood school, refer to our district’s web site: https://www.pylusd.org/studentservices or with our Student Services Office, located at our district office. Their phone # is 714 985-8670. Be sure to note the designated CHOICE transfer time periods.
Is language assessment required?
Language assessment is required if
- A language other than English is frequently spoken in your home
- If your child spoke another language when he/she began speaking
- If your child most frequently speaks another language at home
- If your child was born outside of the U.S.
Language Assessment is done through our Family Resource Center, located at Topaz Elementary School: 714-986-7028; address – 3232 Topaz Ln, Fullerton 92831-2609