Below are some resources for talking with students about violence at school. This list has been provided by one of our mental health contractors, Outreach Concern (outreachconcern.org).
- OCDE Newsroom posted an article with tips to keep in mind when helping kids with crisis (copy and paste link) http://newsroom.ocde.us/ five-things-to-keep-in-mind- when-helping-kids-cope-with- crisis/
- For school clinicians: "Crisis management in children and adolescents" from the Center for School Mental Health in collaboration with the Maryland School Mental Health Alliance
- For parents and caregivers: "Talking to children about the shooting" from The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- For school leadership: "School Crisis Guide" from the National Education Association
- View the full resource list here: https://tinyurl.com/CSMH TraumaList